Global Recognition for Excellence
The strength and experience of our environmental strategies practice is nationally recognized by Chambers USA, Legal 500 and other legal publications. In 2020, Law360 honored us as an Environmental Group of the Year.
- Chambers USA – Nationwide Climate Change; Nationwide Environment; Texas Environment (Band 1); Washington, DC Environment
- Legal 500 US –Environment Litigation; Environment Regulatory; Environment Transactional; Government Relations
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – National Environmental Law (Tier 1); National Environmental Litigation (Tier 1); Austin Environmental Litigation (Tier 1); Austin Water Law (Tier 1); Houston Natural Resources Law (Tier 1); Washington, DC Environmental Law (Tier 1); Washington, DC Environmental Litigation (Tier 1)
Amazing people to work with. They are a go-to for solutions and they’re incredibly well connected and on top of current events. They also provide very useful intelligence to help us navigate difficult situations.
Chambers USA, 2021
Our team represents leading energy and energy-related companies on some of the most critical issues that they face in the marketplace.
- Air Liquide Large Industries LP and Airgas USA in negotiating a settlement agreement with the US Department of Justice and US EPA regarding alleged violations of the Clean Air Act
- The American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity on a challenge to the Clean Power Plan, acting as one of the leading firms in the litigation in both the DC Circuit and the Supreme Court
- Ascend Performance Materials with a significant risk management plan, water and hazardous waste enforcement actions brought by the US EPA with respect to the Chocolate Bayou chemical manufacturing complex near Alvin, Texas
- Cheniere Energy on all environmental and safety regulatory, permitting and compliance matters in connections with the construction and operating of its LNG export facilities in Sabine Pass, Louisiana, and Corpus Christi, Texas, as well as the development of related pipelines
- The Electric Reliability Coordinating Council on a wide range of regulatory and legislative matters that arise under various environmental statutes
- Equinor Wind on environmental and leasing issues related to its flagship offshore wind projects in the United States
- Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. on various investigations that arose from the Deepwater Horizon incident, including President Obama’s Special Task Force, the US Congress and the CSB. Bracewell’s team brought the matter to a very successful resolution for Halliburton — one that included no criminal charges related to the explosion, the oil spill or the environmental impacts
- Kinder Morgan, Inc., Kinder Morgan Texas Pipeline LLC and Permian Highway Pipeline LLC on permitting and litigation surrounding the construction of the Permian Highway Pipeline