Global Recognition for Excellence
Our government relations team is highly regarded. Bloomberg Government recognized us in 2021 as a top performing lobbying/law firm. In 2020, the National Law Review named us the “Go-To Thought Leader for Election and Legislative News.” Our practice and lawyers are also ranked in Chambers USA, Legal 500 US and other directories.
- Chambers USA – Nationwide Government Relations
- Legal 500 US – Government Relations
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – Washington, DC Government Relations Practice
Their counsel is always top-notch and thorough.
Chambers USA, 2023
We represent a wide range of corporations, industry coalitions, trade association, entrepreneurs, investors, financial institutions and government entities.
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) on various energy efficiency standards for air conditioning, heating and refrigeration products
- Air Liquide USA, LLC on advocacy and strategic communications services on a range of complicated matters related to energy and the environment, including the DOE Hydrogen Hub program and carbon capture and sequestration opportunities, as well as tax policy
- Cheniere Energy on environmental, energy, pipeline safety, tax and political matters, including the development of a legislative strategy to modernize the regulatory oversight of large-scale LNG export facilities
- Cornerstone Building Brands and its trade counsel on converting the technical and legal arguments surrounding antidumping duties into sound and concise policy arguments, including an outreach campaign to policymakers
- Denka Performance Elastomer on comprehensive legal, government relations and strategic communications services in connection with a dispute with EPA focused on emissions emanating from one of Denka’s US facilities
- Energy Forward Coalition in representing members on various issues before Congress, the White House and executive branch agencies, including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Equinor on its communications strategy concerning offshore wind development in the United States, including advising on local and national media relations, social media strategy, drafting speeches and remarks for company executives, media training, project website design and creation, media monitoring and advising on stakeholder outreach
- FBI Agents Association before the White House, Congress and Federal Bureau of Investigation on crime and terrorism prevention, federal appropriations, reauthorization of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and electronic privacy
- Helix Energy Systems on its role in controlling and suppressing the flow of oil following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, and more recently on economic challenges stemming from a global price war and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Interstate Natural Gas Association of America (INGAA) in advocacy to improve federal policies governing the permitting of energy infrastructure, including the development of solutions to permitting challenges that react to statutory, judicial and political considerations, and improve coordination among federal agencies, such as FERC, Department of Interior, Army Corps of Engineers and EPA