Global Recognition for Excellence
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of the overarching energy regulatory regime and are internationally recognized as market leaders in Chambers Global, Chambers USA and Legal 500 US.
- Chambers Global – USA Electricity Regulatory & Litigation; USA Oil & Gas Regulatory & Litigation (Band 1)
- Chambers USA – Nationwide Oil & Gas Regulatory & Litigation (Band 1)
- Legal 500 US – Energy Regulation: Conventional Power; Energy Regulation: Oil & Gas (Tier 1)
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – National Energy Law (Tier 1); National Oil & Gas Law (Tier 1); Houston Energy Law (Tier 1); Houston Natural Resources Law (Tier 1); Houston Oil & Gas Law (Tier 1); Washington, DC Energy Law (Tier 1); Washington, DC Regulatory Enforcement Litigation; Washington, DC Oil & Gas Law (Tier 1)
The team has strong experience and expertise to effectively counsel clients through issues, with an understanding of business objectives.
Chambers USA, 2023
We provided regulatory advice on complex transactions in the energy sector.
- Apache Corporation in a strategic partnership with EPIC Midstream Holdings, LP and Noble Energy Inc. to develop the EPIC Crude Oil Pipeline, including transportation service agreements, tariffs and related regulatory matters
- Apache Corporation in the formation of SCM Alpine, LLC, which will own and operate a greenfield NGL y-grade pipeline, including transportation service agreements, tariffs and related regulatory matters
- Avangrid Renewables Holdings, Inc. on regulatory and commercial advice regarding a complex structure providing for the optimization of transmission among renewable generators
- Central Maine Power Company on FERC matters related to the New England Clean Energy Connect $950 million transmission project
- Central Maine Power Company and The United Illuminating Company in a series of FERC complaint proceedings, including full hearings, and DC Circuit appeals regarding the return on equity the companies recover for their transmission investments through FERC jurisdictional transmission rates
- Cheniere Energy, Inc. in the formation of a joint venture for the development of the Midship pipeline project, an approximately 200 mile, 36-inch, FERC-regulated natural gas pipeline with capacity of up to 1,400 MMcf/day from the Scoop/Stack plays in Oklahoma to Bennington, Oklahoma, including drafting and negotiating precedent agreements for anchor shippers for the project and advising on regulatory and commercial matters
- Cheyenne Light, Fuel and Power Company in a fixed stated transmission rate case before FERC for an electric utility located in Wyoming related to a large transmission project and subsequent transmission formula rate case
- Energy Transfer Partners L.P. (including Sunoco Logistics), as regulatory counsel on crude oil pipeline projects including Dakota Access, Bayou Bridge, Permian Express 2, Permian Express 3, and other crude oil pipelines; advised on open season and transportation agreement issues and handled regulatory approvals, including obtaining declaratory orders from FERC approving rates and terms and conditions of service