Recognition for Global Excellence
Our lawyers are recognized leaders in the oil and gas industry, and our oil and gas practice ranks among the top practices in the world.
- Chambers Global – UK Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas; UK Energy Sector (International & Cross-Border); USA Energy Sector (International & Cross-Border); USA Oil & Gas Regulatory & Litigation; USA Oil & Gas Transactional; USA Projects
- Chambers UK – UK-wide Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
- Chambers USA – Nationwide Oil & Gas Regulatory & Litigation (Band 1); Nationwide Oil & Gas Transactional; Nationwide Projects: Oil & Gas
- IFLR1000 – UK Project Development: Oil & Gas (Tier 1); US Project Development: Oil & Gas
- Legal 500 UK – Emerging Markets; Oil & Gas
- Legal 500 US – Energy Litigation: Oil & Gas; Energy Regulation: Oil & Gas (Tier 1); Energy Transactions: Oil & Gas
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – National Energy Law (Tier 1); National Oil & Gas Law (Tier 1); Austin Energy Law (Tier 1); Austin Water Law (Tier 1); Houston Energy Law (Tier 1); Houston Natural Resources Law (Tier 1); Houston Oil & Gas Law (Tier 1); New York Energy Law (Tier 1); Washington, DC Energy Law (Tier 1); Washington, DC Oil & Gas Law (Tier 1)
Bracewell is a strong firm with a deep bench. The team understand the technical aspects of transactions and are able to succinctly boil down the main points.
Chambers Global, 2023
We have extensive experience on a diverse range of oil and gas matters.
- Alinda Capital Partners in the sale of NorTex Midstream Partners, LLC, a company owned by funds managed by Alinda that own Texas gas storage facilities, to a subsidiary of Castleton Commodities International LLC
- Anadarko Moçambique Area 1, Limitada in multiple aspects of the multi-train $15 billion+ Mozambique LNG export project, including on the complex unitization of straddling reservoirs and the development of common facilities
- Anglo Tunisian Oil & Gas Limited in the acquisition of Medco Tunisia, a seven asset upstream oil and gas business in Tunisia, including the associated acquisition financing
- Apache Corporation in the creation of $3.5 billion midstream company with Kayne Anderson Acquisition Corp., forming the only publicly traded, pure-play Permian Basin midstream company that is a C-corporation
- Apache Corporation in the $800 million sale of its entire Argentina business to YPF
- Apache Corporation in the $612 million asset sales in the Western Anadarko Basin and the SCOOP/STACK play
- Apache Corporation in the sale of multiple UK North Sea upstream oil and gas assets to Chrysaor Limited
- COG Operating LLC in the contribution of 13 salt water disposal wells and approximately 40 miles of large-diameter produced water gathering pipelines to Solaris Water Midstream, LLC in exchange for cash and equity in Solaris Midstream Holdings, LLC