Global Recognition for Excellence
Our power practice, including its lawyers, is recognized for excellence in the United States, the United Kingdom and the MENA region by numerous leading publications, including Chambers and Legal 500.
- Chambers Global – Africa-wide Projects & Energy; Middle East-wide Projects & Energy; UK Energy Sector (International & Cross-Border); USA Energy Sector (International & Cross-Border); USA Electricity Finance; USA Electricity Regulatory & Litigation; USA Electricity Transactional; USA Projects
- Chambers UK – UK-wide Projects
- Chambers USA – Nationwide Electricity Regulatory & Litigation; Nationwide Electricity Transactional; Nationwide Projects: Power & Renewables: Transactional
- IFLR1000 – UK Project Development: Power; UK Project Finance; US Project Development: Power; US Project Finance
- Legal 500 EMEA – UAE Infrastructure and Projects
- Legal 500 UK – Emerging Markets; Power
- Legal 500 US – Energy Litigation: Conventional Power; Energy Regulation: Conventional Power; Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power; Energy Transactions: Conventional Power
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – National Energy Law (Tier 1); Houston Energy Law (Tier 1); Houston Project Finance Law (Tier 1); New York Energy Law (Tier 1); Washington, DC Energy Law (Tier 1)
The team is well known in the industry…. They are responsive, understand our goals and provide us with swift and effective counsel.
Chambers USA, 2021
We represent clients in a range of transactions and financings in the power sector, many of which are the first of their kind.
- Alcazar Energy on the 1.8 GW Benban Solar Park in Egypt — 2017 Global MLA Deal of the Year, PFI Awards
- Alcoa Power Generating Inc. in the sale of four hydroelectric power plants with an aggregate capacity of 215 MW located on the Yadkin River in North Carolina to an affiliate of Cube Hydro Partners, LLC
- AP Energy Holdings Inc and South Field Energy LLC in the $1.3 billion project financing and equity arrangements for the construction of the South Field Energy project, a 1,182 MW combined-cycle natural gas electric generating facility located near Wellsville, Ohio
- Arabia One For Clean Energy Investments, a project company formed by Hanwha Engineering & Construction Corporation, Ennera Energy and Arabia Trading and Consulting Company) in the project development and financing of the Arabia One project, one of seven solar photovoltaic projects in Jordan (called the “Seven Sisters”) procured in Round 1 of Jordan’s renewable energy program — 2014 Middle East Renewable Deal of the Year and 2014 Middle East Overall Project of the Year, IJGlobal Middle East
- Basalt Infrastructure Partners II LP in the acquisition of Detroit Renewable Energy LLC, an integrated renewable energy system comprised of Detroit Thermal, Detroit Renewable Power and Hamtramck Energy Services
- Brookfield Infrastructure Group Corporation in the sale of Cross Sound Cable Company, the owner of a high voltage direct current electric transmission system connecting the New England and New York power grids, to A1A Energy North America LLC, an affiliate of Argo Infrastructure Partners
- Competitive Power Ventures in the equity investment by Osaka Gas USA, Axium Infrastructure and Harrison Street in CPV’s gas-fired Three Rivers Energy Center project in Illinois — 2020 US Power Deal of the Year, PFI Awards
- Duke Energy Corporation in the $2.8 billion sale of its Midwest merchant generation business to a subsidiary of Dynegy Inc., which includes ownership interests in 11 power plants with a total capacity of approximately 6,100 MW, as well as Duke’s competitive retail electric and gas business — 2015 Strategic Deal of the Year, Platts Global Energy Awards