Bracewell is known for excellence throughout the legal industry. Our practices and lawyers are recognized market leaders, as evident in some of the awards and rankings we’ve recently earned.
The American Lawyer
- Bracewell ranked #11 nationally in the 2021 Summer Associates Survey, earning perfect scores at the firm-wide level for Associate/Summer Associate Interactions and Accuracy of Firm Self-Portrayal.
- Bracewell ranked #24 nationally in the 2021 Midlevel Associates Survey.
- Bracewell earned 17 practice rankings in Chambers Global 2023. The firm has been ranked Band 1 for USA Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation) in Chambers Global for nine consecutive years (2015-2023).
- Bracewell received 11 practice and individual rankings in energy, finance, projects and disputes in Chambers UK 2023.
- Bracewell earned 112 practice and individual rankings in Chambers USA 2023. We were ranked Band 1 for Nationwide Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation) for the ninth year in a row, Band 1 for Texas Banking & Finance for the 16th year in a row and Band 1 for Texas Environment for the seventh year in a row.
Diversity & Flexibility Alliance
- In 2020 and 2022, Bracewell received the Diversity & Flexibility Alliance’s Tipping the Scale Award for achieving gender parity in US partner promotions.
Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Europe
- In the 2019 FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Report, Bracewell was commended for its role in Neptune’s $3.9 acquisition of a majority stake in ENGIE E&P International S.A. in the Enabling Business and Transformation category.
Financial Times Innovative Lawyers North America
- Bracewell was one of 10 finalists for Most Innovative Law Firm in North America for the Practice of Law at the 2021 FT Innovative Lawyers North America Awards. We were among the shortlisted firms in three categories:
- Innovation in Social Justice: We were recognized for our pro bono representation of The Trevor Project in its efforts to make 9-8-8 the National Suicide Prevention Hotline and to ensure that acutely at-risk groups, including LGBTQ+ youth, can access specialized services.
- Innovation in Sustainability and ESG: We were recognized for our representation of Resource Environmental Solutions in the negotiation and executive of a unique fixed-price, habitat restoration, maintenance and liability transfer agreement with Klamath River Renewal Corporation.
- Innovation in Rescue and Recovery: We were recognized for creating a first-time opportunity for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to rule before a producer’s bankruptcy filing prevented it from doing so because of automatic stay.
- In the 2019 FT Innovative Lawyers North America Report, Bracewell was recognized for innovation in two areas of business law:
- Technology and Data (Highly Commended): We were recognized for our innovative use of a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility, or SCIF, in connection with the Michael Cohen privilege review.
- Diversity and Inclusion (Commended): We were commended for our leadership in developing the industry-leading Minute Mentoring® program, which has benefited thousands of young professionals since the program’s founding in 2009.
- In the 2018 FT Innovative Lawyers North America Report, Bracewell was ranked #7 for Most Innovative Law Firm for Legal Expertise. We received four category recognitions:
- New Legal Standard (Standout): We were deemed a standout for our representation of Ergon Peru in the financing of three concession-type “investment agreements” for the installation of solar photovoltaic panels in certain off-grid locations.
- Dispute Resolution (Highly Commended): Our financial restructuring and environmental teams were honored for their role in advising Venoco in its restructuring.
- Strategy and Changing Behaviors (Highly Commended): We were recognized for launching an employee activation program that promotes shared ownership of brand communication.
- Collaboration (Commended): Bracewell’s Policy Resolution Group was recognized for its partnership with the National Brain Tumor Society in securing the passage of the STAR Act, which expanded federal funding and research into childhood cancer.
- Bracewell received 89 practice and individual rankings recognitions across the United States, the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates in IFLR1000 2023.
IFLR1000 United States Awards
- Bracewell was named Texas Firm of the Year at the 2021 IFLR1000 United States Awards.
- In 2022, Law360 recognized Bracewell as a Texas Powerhouse.
Legal 500 EMEA
- In Legal 500 EMEA 2023, Bracewell was recognized for excellence in UAE construction, UAE infrastructure and projects and UAE commercial and corporate.
Legal 500 Latin America
- In Legal 500 Latin America 2022, Bracewell was recognized as a leading international firms for projects and energy.
Legal 500 UK
- We earned eight practice rankings in Legal 500 UK 2023, including recommendations for commercial litigation and international arbitration, bank lending, infrastructure and projects, and real estate.
Legal 500 United States
- In Legal 500 United States 2023, Bracewell earned 28 practice recognitions, including a Tier 1 national ranking for Energy Regulation: Oil & Gas for the seventh consecutive year (2017-2023).
- Bracewell was named a Diversity and Inclusion finalist at the 2022 Legalweek Leaders in Tech Law Awards for the Madam Policy podcast and our ongoing involvement with Minute Mentoring®.
Petroleum Economist Awards
- At the 2018 Petroleum Economist Awards, Bracewell was named Legal Services Provider of the Year. We also received this honor in 2015.
- Bracewell has been recognized four times by The Times as one of the top 20 firms for energy and renewables in the UK (2019, 2020, 2021, 2023).
- Bracewell’s summer associate program was ranked among the top three programs in the United States in Vault’s 2024 Summer Associate Guide. The firm was nationally ranked:
- #3 for best overall summer program
- #2 for best summer program for attorney interactions
- #2 for best summer program for social experiences
- #6 for best summer program for career development.
Women in Business Law Awards Americas
- Bracewell was named the Best Firm in the US South at the 2023 Women in Business Law Awards Americas. We were also named a finalist for Best Firm in the US Northeast, Best International Firm for Career Development, Best International Firm for Diverse Women Lawyers, Best International Firm for Women in Business Law and Best International Firm for Work-Life Balance.
- Bracewell was named Best Firm for Women in Business Law in North America at the 2021 Women in Business Law Awards Americas.
ACC Dallas-Fort Worth Corporate Counsel Awards
- Crescent Real Estate LLC’s (Crescent) acquisition of The Crescent® was named M&A Transaction of the Year Award at the 2021 DFW Corporate Counsel Awards. Bracewell represented Crescent in the transaction, which was one of the largest commercial property transactions ever in the Dallas area.
- Bracewell and Pier 1 Imports won the Business Litigation of the Year Award at the 2019 Dallas-Fort Worth Corporate Counsel Awards. We successfully defended the retailer and its executives in a federal class-action lawsuit.
ACC Houston Corporate Counsel Awards
- Cactus, Inc.’s $621 million acquisition of FlexSteel Technologies Holdings, Inc. was named M&A Transaction of the Year at the 2023 Houston Corporate Counsel Awards. Bracewell represented Cactus in the transaction.
- Bracewell and Prosperity Bank received the M&A Transaction of the Year Award at the 2020 Houston Outstanding Corporate Counsel Awards for their work on Prosperity’s $2.1 billion merger with LegacyTexas Financial Group. The transaction is the second largest bank merger in Texas history.
- Bracewell’s Policy Resolution Group was recognized among the top-performing lobbying firms in Bloomberg Government’s 2022 Top-Performing Lobbying Firms report. This marks the sixth time in the eight-year history of the report that Bracewell has been included on the list of stand-out firms.
Chambers USA Awards
- Bracewell was a finalist for two awards at the 2023 Chambers USA Awards: Energy & Projects Law Firm of the Year, and Environment Law Firm of the Year.
- Bracewell was named Commercial Litigation Firm of the Year at the 2019 Chambers USA–Texas Awards.
Dallas Business Journal
- Crescent Real Estate LLC’s acquisition of The Crescent® was named one of the Best Real Estate Deals of 2021.
Global Restructuring Review
- Bracewell was named to Global Restructuring Review’s GRR 100 List in 2019.
Houston Business Journal Landmark Awards
- At the 2018 Landmark Awards, Bracewell won the Community Impact Award for our role in the Star of Hope Cornerstone Community real estate transaction.
IAM Patent 1000
- IAM Patent 1000 recommended Bracewell’s intellectual property practice in Texas (2012-2023) and Washington (2012-2014, 2017-2023) for patent prosecution and litigation, respectively.
IJ Global Europe and Africa Awards
- At the 2018 Europe and Africa Awards, IJ Global recognized Neptune Energy Group’s acquisition of a majority stake in ENGIE E&P International S.A. (EPI) for $3.9 billion as the Oil & Gas Upstream Transaction of the Year. Bracewell advised Neptune on the transaction.
IFLR Americas Awards
- Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for its role in the restructuring of McDermott International, which was named Restructuring Deal of the Year at the 2021 IFLR Americas Awards.
IFLR Europe Awards
- Bracewell was a finalist for two awards at the 2023 IFLR Europe Awards: Project Finance Team of the Year and Project Finance Deal of the Year in recognition of our role in the unique holding company financing for Vårgrønn, the Eni Plenitude and HitecVision joint venture company.
IFLR Middle East Awards
- Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for its role in the Al Kharsaah solar photovoltaic independent power project in Qatar, which was named Project Finance Deal of the Year at the 2021 IFLR Middle East Awards.
IFLR Sub-Saharan Africa Awards
- Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for their role in the restructuring of Seven Energy Group, which was named Restructuring Deal of the Year at the 2020 IFLR Sub-Saharan Africa Awards.
- Bracewell was among the leading patent prosecution law firm in the United States in Juristat’s 2021 Top Patent Firms List. We ranked #1 for efficiency, #1 for allowance rate and #3 overall for chemical patent applications. Bracewell also ranked #10 nationwide for allowances in the Tech Center encompassing computer-implemented inventions and business method solutions.
- In 2020, Law360 recognized Bracewell as an Environmental Practice Group of the Year.
- In 2018, Law360 recognized Bracewell as a White Collar Practice Group of the Year.
- In 2016, Bracewell was named to Law360’s inaugural Litigation Powerhouse list.
- Bracewell has been recognized six times as an Energy Practice Group of the Year by Law360 (2012, 2014-2018).
Middle East Legal Awards
- Bracewell has been honored three times as Infrastructure and Energy Projects Team of the Year at the Middle East Awards (2017, 2018 and 2021). We were shortlisted for this award in 2023 in recognition of our leading role in the financing of the Saad 300 MW solar PV IPP in Saudi Arabia.
National Law Review
- In 2022, National Law Review recognized Bracewell as a Go-To Thought Leader for Employment Law.
- In 2019 and 2021, Bracewell was recognized as a Go-To Thought Leader for Energy Law.
- In 2020, Bracewell was recognized as a Go-To Thought Leader in Election and Legislative News.
Project Finance International Awards
- At the 2021 PFI Awards, Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for their role in the successful financial closing of the Rabigh 300 MW solar photovoltaic IPP in Saudi Arabia, which was named Middle East & Africa ESG Platform Deal of the Year.
- At the 2020 PFI Awards, the Three Rivers Energy Center Project in Illinois received the US Power Deal of the Year Award. Bracewell represented Competitive Power Ventures (CPV) in connection with the equity investment by Osaka Gas USA, Axium Infrastructure and Harrison Street in the project.
- Bracewell ranked among the top 15 public finance firms nationwide in Refinitiv’s 2022 Municipal Market Analysis. In addition, we ranked among the top 30 law firms for syndicated loans.
- S&P Global ranked Bracewell among the top 10 law firms for energy and utilities M&A and among the top 25 law firms for energy and utilities capital offerings during 2022.
Turnarounds & Workouts
- Bracewell was among the law firms, financial advisors and investment bankers recognized for their role in Fieldwood Energy’s Chapter 11 restructuring, which was named one of Turnaround & Workout’s Successful Restructurings of 2021.
U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” and Best Lawyers in America®
- In 2020 and 2022, Bracewell was named Law Firm of the Year for Oil & Gas Law.
- In 2022, Bracewell was named Law Firm of the Year for Energy Law.
- At the 2019 P3 Awards, the Howard County Circuit Courthouse Project won the gold prize for Social Infrastructure Project of the Year. The firm, which was a finalist for Legal Advisor of the Year, represented Edgemoor-Star America Judicial Partners and its sponsors on the transaction.
- In 2017, Texas Lawyer honored Bracewell as the Large Law Firm Litigation Department of the Year.