Bracewell is known for excellence throughout the legal industry. Our practices and lawyers are recognized market leaders, as evident in some of the awards and rankings we’ve recently earned.
The American Lawyer
- Bracewell ranked #11 nationally in the 2021 Summer Associates Survey, earning perfect scores at the firm-wide level for Associate/Summer Associate Interactions and Accuracy of Firm Self-Portrayal.
- Bracewell ranked #24 nationally in the 2021 Midlevel Associates Survey.
- Bracewell earned 17 practice rankings in Chambers Global 2024. The firm has been ranked Band 1 for USA Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation) in Chambers Global for 10 consecutive years (2015-2023), and the firm also secured a new Band 1 ranking in UK: Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas.
- Bracewell received 11 practice and individual rankings in Chambers UK 2024, including a Band 1 ranking for UK-wide: Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas.
- Bracewell earned 112 practice and individual rankings in Chambers USA 2023. We were ranked Band 1 for Nationwide Oil & Gas (Regulatory & Litigation) for the ninth year in a row, Band 1 for Texas Banking & Finance for the 16th year in a row; Band 1 for Texas Environment for the seventh year in a row; and Band 1 for Nationwide Offshore Energy in this new category for 2023.
Diversity & Flexibility Alliance
- Bracewell is a three-time recipient of the Diversity & Flexibility Alliance’s Tipping the Scale Award for achieving gender parity in US partner promotions (2020, 2022, 2023).
Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Europe
- In the Financial Times’ 2023 FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Report, Bracewell was highly commended in the energy security and energy transition category for our representation of Absa Bank and the Mauritius Commercial Bank as lenders on the acquisition financing of Lekela Power B.V. We were also commended in the same category for our role advising Vårgrønn in connection with the closing of its £500 million holdco debt platform, which was used to fund the sponsor’s construction equity for the Dogger Bank project (currently Europe’s largest infrastructure project).
- In the 2019 FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Report, Bracewell was commended for its role in Neptune’s $3.9 acquisition of a majority stake in ENGIE E&P International S.A. in the Enabling Business and Transformation category.
Financial Times Innovative Lawyers North America
- Bracewell was highly commended in the 2023 FT Innovative Lawyers North America Report in the energy transition category for the firm’s representation of Synovus Bank in its acquisition of energy transaction tax credits in one of the first signed credit transfer agreements since the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Bracewell was one of 10 finalists for Most Innovative Law Firm in North America for the Practice of Law at the 2021 FT Innovative Lawyers North America Awards. We were among the shortlisted firms in three categories:
- Innovation in Social Justice: We were recognized for our pro bono representation of The Trevor Project in its efforts to make 9-8-8 the National Suicide Prevention Hotline and to ensure that acutely at-risk groups, including LGBTQ+ youth, can access specialized services.
- Innovation in Sustainability and ESG: We were recognized for our representation of Resource Environmental Solutions in the negotiation and executive of a unique fixed-price, habitat restoration, maintenance and liability transfer agreement with Klamath River Renewal Corporation.
- Innovation in Rescue and Recovery: We were recognized for creating a first-time opportunity for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to rule before a producer’s bankruptcy filing prevented it from doing so because of automatic stay.
- In the 2019 FT Innovative Lawyers North America Report, Bracewell was recognized for innovation in two areas of business law:
- Technology and Data (Highly Commended): We were recognized for our innovative use of a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility, or SCIF, in connection with the Michael Cohen privilege review.
- Diversity and Inclusion (Commended): We were commended for our leadership in developing the industry-leading Minute Mentoring® program, which has benefited thousands of young professionals since the program’s founding in 2009.
- In the 2018 FT Innovative Lawyers North America Report, Bracewell was ranked #7 for Most Innovative Law Firm for Legal Expertise. We received four category recognitions:
- New Legal Standard (Standout): We were deemed a standout for our representation of Ergon Peru in the financing of three concession-type “investment agreements” for the installation of solar photovoltaic panels in certain off-grid locations.
- Dispute Resolution (Highly Commended): Our financial restructuring and environmental teams were honored for their role in advising Venoco in its restructuring.
- Strategy and Changing Behaviors (Highly Commended): We were recognized for launching an employee activation program that promotes shared ownership of brand communication.
- Collaboration (Commended): Bracewell’s Policy Resolution Group was recognized for its partnership with the National Brain Tumor Society in securing the passage of the STAR Act, which expanded federal funding and research into childhood cancer.
Gulf Energy Information
- Bracewell was named Energy Legal Services Provider of the Year at the 2023 Gulf Energy Information Excellence Awards in recognition of our leadership on a broad range of energy transition projects, as well as midstream oil and gas pipeline projects.
- Bracewell received 91 practice and individual rankings across the United States, the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates in IFLR1000 2023.
IFLR1000 United States Awards
- Bracewell was named Texas Firm of the Year at the 2021 IFLR1000 United States Awards.
- In 2022, Law360 recognized Bracewell as a Texas Powerhouse.
Legal 500 EMEA
- In Legal 500 EMEA 2023, Bracewell was recognized for excellence in UAE construction, UAE infrastructure and projects and UAE commercial and corporate.
Legal 500 Latin America
- In Legal 500 Latin America 2022, Bracewell was recognized as a leading international firm for projects and energy.
Legal 500 UK
- We earned eight practice rankings in Legal 500 UK 2024, including recommendations for commercial litigation and international arbitration, bank lending, infrastructure and projects, and real estate.
Legal 500 United States
- In Legal 500 United States 2023, Bracewell earned 28 practice recognitions, including a Tier 1 national ranking for Energy Regulation: Oil & Gas for the seventh consecutive year (2017-2023).
Petroleum Economist Awards
- At the 2018 Petroleum Economist Awards, Bracewell was named Legal Services Provider of the Year. We also received this honor in 2015.
- The Times recognized Bracewell as one of the top 12 firms in the UK for energy and renewables for 2024, marking the fourth time since 2019 that we have been recognized among the UK’s top 20 energy law firms.
- Bracewell’s summer associate program was ranked among the top three programs in the United States in Vault’s 2024 Summer Associate Guide. The firm was nationally ranked:
- #3 for best overall summer program
- #2 for best summer program for attorney interactions
- #2 for best summer program for social experiences
- #6 for best summer program for career development.
Women in Business Law Awards Americas
- Bracewell was named the Best Firm in the US South at the 2023 Women in Business Law Awards Americas. We were also named a finalist for Best Firm in the US Northeast, Best International Firm for Career Development, Best International Firm for Diverse Women Lawyers, Best International Firm for Women in Business Law and Best International Firm for Work-Life Balance.
- Bracewell was named Best Firm for Women in Business Law in North America at the 2021 Women in Business Law Awards Americas.
ACC Dallas-Fort Worth Corporate Counsel Awards
- Crescent Real Estate LLC’s acquisition of The Crescent® was named M&A Transaction of the Year Award at the 2021 DFW Corporate Counsel Awards. Bracewell represented Crescent Real Estate in the transaction, which was one of the largest commercial property transactions ever in the Dallas area.
- Bracewell and Pier 1 Imports won the Business Litigation of the Year Award at the 2019 Dallas-Fort Worth Corporate Counsel Awards. We successfully defended the retailer and its executives in a federal class-action lawsuit.
ACC Houston Corporate Counsel Awards
- Cactus, Inc.’s $621 million acquisition of FlexSteel Technologies Holdings, Inc. was named M&A Transaction of the Year at the 2023 Houston Corporate Counsel Awards. Bracewell represented Cactus in the transaction.
- Bracewell and Prosperity Bank received the M&A Transaction of the Year Award at the 2020 Houston Outstanding Corporate Counsel Awards for their work on Prosperity’s $2.1 billion merger with LegacyTexas Financial Group. The transaction is the second largest bank merger in Texas history.
- Bracewell’s Policy Resolution Group was recognized among the top-performing lobbying firms in Bloomberg Government’s 2022 Top-Performing Lobbying Firms report. This marks the sixth time in the eight-year history of the report that Bracewell has been included on the list of stand-out firms.
Bonds, Loans & ESG Capital Markets Africa Awards
- Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for their role in Infinity Renewables Energy B.V.’s acquisition financing of Lekela Power B.V., which won two awards at the 2024 Bonds, Loans & ESG Capital Markets Africa Awards: Acquisition Finance Deal of the Year and M&A Deal of the Year.
Chambers Middle East Awards
- Bracewell was shortlisted for UAE Projects & Energy Law Firm of the Year at the Chambers Middle East Awards 2024.
Chambers USA Awards
- Bracewell was a finalist for two awards at the 2023 Chambers USA Awards: Energy & Projects Law Firm of the Year, and Environment Law Firm of the Year.
- Bracewell was named Commercial Litigation Firm of the Year at the 2019 Chambers USA–Texas Awards.
Dallas Business Journal
- Crescent Real Estate LLC’s acquisition of The Crescent® was named one of the Best Real Estate Deals of 2021.
Global Restructuring Review
- Bracewell was named to Global Restructuring Review’s GRR 100 List in 2019.
Houston Business Journal Landmark Awards
- At the 2018 Landmark Awards, Bracewell won the Community Impact Award for our role in the Star of Hope Cornerstone Community real estate transaction.
IAM Patent 1000
- IAM Patent 1000 recommended Bracewell’s patent prosecution practice in Texas (2012-2023) and IP litigation practice Washington (2012-2014, 2017-2023).
IJ Global Europe and Africa Awards
- At the 2018 Europe and Africa Awards, IJ Global recognized Neptune Energy Group’s $3.9. billion acquisition of a majority stake in ENGIE E&P International S.A. as the Oil & Gas Upstream Transaction of the Year. Bracewell advised Neptune on the transaction.
IJ Global Middle East and North Africa Awards
- Bracewell was named a Legal Adviser of the Year finalist at the 2023 Middle East and North Africa Awards.
- Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for its role in Infinity Renewables Energy B.V.’s acquisition financing of Lekela Power B.V., which was named Transaction of the Year in the Renewables Acquisition – Africa category at the 2023 IJInvestor Awards.
IFLR Americas Awards
- Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for its role in the restructuring of McDermott International, which was named Restructuring Deal of the Year at the 2021 IFLR Americas Awards.
IFLR Europe Awards
- Bracewell was a finalist for two awards at the 2024 IFLR Europe Awards: Project Finance Team of the Year and Project Finance Deal of the Year in recognition of our work on Eldorado Gold and Hellas Gold Single Member, S.A.'s €680 million project financing facility to develop the Skouries Project.
IFLR Middle East Awards
- Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for its role in the Al Kharsaah solar photovoltaic independent power project in Qatar, which was named Project Finance Deal of the Year at the 2021 IFLR Middle East Awards.
IFLR Sub-Saharan Africa Awards
- At the 2024 IFLR Africa Awards, Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for its leading role in the acquisition financing of Lekela Power B.V., which was shortlisted for M&A Deal of the Year.
- Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for their role in the restructuring of Seven Energy Group, which was named Restructuring Deal of the Year at the 2020 IFLR Sub-Saharan Africa Awards.
- Bracewell was among the leading patent prosecution law firm in the United States in Juristat’s 2021 Top Patent Firms List. We ranked #1 for efficiency, #1 for allowance rate and #3 overall for chemical patent applications. Bracewell also ranked #10 nationwide for allowances in the Tech Center encompassing computer-implemented inventions and business method solutions.
- In 2020, Law360 recognized Bracewell as an Environmental Practice Group of the Year.
- In 2018, Law360 recognized Bracewell as a White Collar Practice Group of the Year.
- In 2016, Bracewell was named to Law360’s inaugural Litigation Powerhouse list.
- Bracewell has been recognized six times as an Energy Practice Group of the Year by Law360 (2012, 2014-2018).
Middle East Legal Awards
- Bracewell has been honored three times as Infrastructure and Energy Projects Team of the Year at the Middle East Awards (2017, 2018 and 2021). We were shortlisted for this award in 2023 in recognition of our leading role in the financing of the Saad 300-MW solar PV IPP in Saudi Arabia.
Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA) Solar Awards
- Bracewell was named Legal Consultant of the Year at the 2024 MESIA Solar Awards in recognition of our leading role in the financing of the Saad 300-MW solar PV IPP in Saudi Arabia.
Mines and Money
- Eldorado Gold and Hellas Gold Single Member, S.A.’s €680 million project financing facility to develop the Skouries Project won the Project Financing Outstanding Achievement Award at the 2023 Resourcing Tomorrow Awards. Bracewell represented Hellas Gold in the project financing facility.
National Law Review
- In 2022, National Law Review recognized Bracewell as a Go-To Thought Leader for Employment Law.
- In 2019 and 2021, Bracewell was recognized as a Go-To Thought Leader for Energy Law.
- In 2020, Bracewell was recognized as a Go-To Thought Leader in Election and Legislative News.
- At the 2019 P3 Awards, the Howard County Circuit Courthouse Project won the gold prize for Social Infrastructure Project of the Year. The firm, which was a finalist for Legal Advisor of the Year, represented Edgemoor-Star America Judicial Partners and its sponsors on the transaction.
Project Finance International Awards
- At the 2023 PFI Awards, Bracewell was recognized for its role in advising the lenders in Infinity Renewables Energy B.V.’s acquisition of Lekela Power B.V., which was named the Middle East & Africa ESG Platform Deal of the Year. In addition, the firm was recognized for its role representing the lenders in forming the multi-billion-dollar NEOM Residential Communities project in Saudi Arabia, which was named the Middle East and Africa Social Infra Deal of the Year.
- At the 2021 PFI Awards, Bracewell was among the law firms recognized for their role in the successful financial closing of the Rabigh 300-MW solar photovoltaic IPP in Saudi Arabia, which was named Middle East & Africa ESG Platform Deal of the Year.
- At the 2020 PFI Awards, the Three Rivers Energy Center Project in Illinois received the US Power Deal of the Year Award. Bracewell represented Competitive Power Ventures in connection with the equity investment by Osaka Gas USA, Axium Infrastructure and Harrison Street in the project.
- Bracewell ranked among the top 15 public finance firms nationwide in Refinitiv’s 2022 Municipal Market Analysis. In addition, we ranked among the top 30 law firms for syndicated loans.
- S&P Global ranked Bracewell among the top 10 law firms for energy and utilities M&A and among the top 25 law firms for energy and utilities capital offerings during 2022.
Turnarounds & Workouts
- Bracewell was among the law firms, financial advisors and investment bankers recognized for their role in operator Cineworld Group plc’s Chapter 11 restructuring, which was named one of Turnaround & Workout’s Successful Restructurings of 2023.
U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” and Best Lawyers in America®
- In 2020 and 2022, Bracewell was named Law Firm of the Year for Oil & Gas Law.
- In 2022, Bracewell was named Law Firm of the Year for Energy Law.
- In 2017, Texas Lawyer honored Bracewell as the Large Law Firm Litigation Department of the Year.
World Trademark Review WTR 1000
- Bracewell’s Texas trademark practice has been recognized in the 2023 and 2024 editions of World Trademark Review’s WTR 1000.