Recognition for Excellence
Our client work has earned our lawyers and practice national recognition within the legal industry.
- Chambers USA – Texas: Tax
- Legal 500 US – Taxes: Non-contentious
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – National Tax Law (Tier 1); Austin Tax Law (Tier 1), Houston Tax Law (Tier 1), Seattle Tax Law (Tier 1)
We provide tax advice on signification transactions involving tax-exempt organizations.
- East Texas Medical Center Healthcare System on the sale of substantially all assets to Ardent Health Services, which included the formation by Arden and The UT Health Science Center of a partnership to investment more than $125 million in the new UT Health East Texas health system
- Parkland Center for Clinical Innovation (PCCI) in connection with a sophisticated and complex spin-off transaction involving the licensing of software to Pieces Technologies, Inc., an innovative healthcare analytics entity that deploys cutting-edge technology to improve clinical and community health outcomes
- Texas Medical Center on the development of a 28-acre biomedical innovation and commercialization campus known as TMC3 which will be a cooperative development between the medical center and four public or non-profit medical institutions, including a world-renowned cancer center and a major public university’s health center
- The Robert A. Welch Foundation on the creation and funding of The Welch Institute, a $100 million joint venture with Rice University that combines fundamental chemistry and materials science with the latest in machine learning and artificial intelligence to accelerate the discovery, design and manufacture of the next generation of materials with applications to new energy systems, sustainable water, space systems, telecommunications, manufacturing, transportation and security