The Bracewell Women’s Network focuses on the professional growth of women and reflects the values of building strong relationships, developing successful careers, providing strong support systems and serving our communities. The paths to success are varied, and the Women’s Network is part of the Bracewell culture that supports each unique journey to a fulfilling and accomplished career.
In furtherance of its mission, Bracewell Women’s Network programming includes:
- Facilitating Coffee Chats, an internal networking program in which assigned small groups from across offices meet virtually every other month. All groups are provided with background materials and conversation starters to promote dialogue on a common topic.
- Hosting panel discussions and speakers that support career development and advancement. In a recent panel discussion, Bracewell women shared their experiences on growing into leadership roles with client relationships, the firm and professional and community organizations.
- Holding client events to build connections with other female professionals.
- Sponsoring organizations that support female professionals, including the Women’s Energy Network, Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy Leadership, and Texas Women in Public Finance.
- Donating to the Ginsburg Initiative at the Center for Women in the Law, which is dedicated to advancing gender-neutral initiatives that support systemic change, such as best practices surrounding work assignments, performance expectations, parental leave, and transparency in career development.
- Providing opportunities for organic growth and conversation, whether it be over lunch or at a volunteer event.
Bracewell Receives Tipping the Scales Award From Diversity & Flexibility Alliance
Bracewell LLP was among the 57 US law firms that received a Tipping the Scales Award at the Diversity & Flexibility Alliance’s annual conference on November 3. The award recognizes firms that had 50 percent or more women in their 2022 US-based new partner class. In 2022, 67 percent of the US-based Bracewell lawyers promoted to partner were women. Of the 10 US partners elected over the last three years, 50 percent have been women.
The firm has always asked about, and valued, my opinions – even as a young associate. I’ve always felt “in charge” of my career here so that, with the full support of the firm, I’ve been able to build a career that I enjoy and thrive in. Maybe it’s nothing more than perspective but having that perspective has helped tremendously in developing and, if circumstances dictated, changing my career path.
Stephanie Song, Partner, Houston
The Bracewell Women’s Network displays the breadth and diversity of women who are able to succeed at Bracewell. There are women with kids, women without kids, women helping care for other family members, women who are really involved with their communities – all of whom have been successful at Bracewell and are committed to making sure that others succeed as well.
Shannon Rice, Associate, Houston
Bracewell has provided me with all of the resources necessary to develop opportunities, including significant new initiatives for the firm. That support has extended to other female lawyers across the firm, and is a reflection of Bracewell’s confidence in our ability to achieve our objectives. The current and future success of female associates and partners throughout Bracewell is viewed as integral to the firm’s success.
Elizabeth McGinley, Partner, New York