Global Recognition for Excellence
At the core of our renewables and sustainability practice are lawyers who have dedicated their careers to working in the energy industry. Our broad energy platform is widely recognized for excellence globally, including in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Middle East and Africa, and in every practice area related to renewable energy and sustainability.
- Chambers Global ‒ Africa Projects and Energy; Middle East Projects and Energy; UK Energy Sector (International and Cross-Border); USA Electricity – Regulatory and Litigation; USA Electricity – Transactional; USA Energy Sector (International and Cross-Border); USA Projects – Power and Renewables Transactional
- Chambers USA – Nationwide Climate Change; Nationwide Electricity – Regulatory and Litigation; Nationwide Electricity – Transactional; Nationwide Environment; Nationwide Projects – Power and Renewables Transactional
- Chambers UK – UK Projects
- IFLR1000 – UAE Project Finance; USA Project Finance; UK Project Development – Power; UK Projects
- Legal 500 EMEA – UAE Infrastructure and Projects
- Legal 500 US – Energy Regulatory – Conventional Power; Energy Transactions – Conventional Power; Energy Transactions – Renewable/Alternative Power; Environment – Regulatory; Environment – Transactional; Government Relations
They are commercially minded and have a strong sense of the energy market.
Legal 500 UK, 2021
Market-Leading Engagements Throughout the World
We have been involved in market-leading renewables projects across multiple global jurisdictions.
- Alcazar Energy on the 1.8 GW Benban Solar Park in Egypt — 2017 Global MLA Deal of the Year, PFI Awards
- Alcoa Power Generating Inc. in the sale of four hydroelectric power plants with an aggregate capacity of 215 MW located on the Yadkin River in North Carolina to an affiliate of Cube Hydro Partners, LLC
- Arabia One For Clean Energy Investments, a project company formed by Hanwha Engineering & Construction Corporation, Ennera Energy and Arabia Trading and Consulting Company) in the project development and financing of the Arabia One project, one of seven solar photovoltaic projects in Jordan (called the “Seven Sisters”) procured in Round 1 of Jordan’s renewable energy program — 2014 Middle East Renewable Deal of the Year and 2014 Middle East Overall Project of the Year, IJGlobal Middle East
- Basalt Infrastructure Partners II LP in the acquisition of Detroit Renewable Energy LLC, an integrated renewable energy system comprised of Detroit Thermal, Detroit Renewable Power and Hamtramck Energy Services
- Eni S.p.A. in its £405 million acquisition of 20 percent interest in the Dogger Bank (A and B) 2.4 GW offshore wind farm project from Equinor and SSE — the largest offshore windfarm in the world
- Equinor on offshore wind projects totaling more than 2 GW on the Empire Wind lease offshore New York State – Projects Deal of the Year Finalist, 2020 IFLR United States Awards
- First Reserve Corporation in a long-term hedge arrangement to enable the acquisition and financing of the 298 MW Kingfisher Wind Project located in Oklahoma – 2015 Commodities Deal of the Year, Commodity Business Awards; 2015 Financial Deal of the Year, Platts Global Energy Awards; 2016 Deal of the Year, Energy Risk Awards
- Fotowatio Renewable Ventures in the development of the 99MW/198MWh Clay Tye Project – upon completion, this will be largest battery energy storage of its kind in the UK