On Thursday, July 28, Bob Nichols and Caroline Melo held a 30-minute webinar explaining the latest developments and offering practical strategies for managing compliance.
- An increasing number of state and local pay transparency laws are requiring employers to disclose pay ranges to job applicants and employees
- Some newly enacted or amended transparency laws are more aggressive and require proactive disclosure in job postings
- Remote work and broad job searches are complicating employer efforts to avoid the state and local jurisdictions involved
- Interestingly, at the same time, an increasing number of state and local governments are prohibiting employers from inquiring about job candidates’ individual pay histories
- As a result of those developments, employers are having to rethink key aspects of their hiring and pay practices