Ben James and Tom Jamieson presented on panels at the AIX: Gas hybrid conference in London and online. James presented on “Africa gas outlook” and Jamieson discussed “Financing IPPs in the age of transition.”
AIX: Gas 2021
Hybrid – Online and in London
James - Africa gas outlook: 9:00-10:15 am GMT
The ‘transitional fuel’ argument is revisited.
- Can developers continue with business as usual?
- Lenders’ perspective on financing gas projects
- Impact of gas prices
- Are western IOCs driving themselves out of the market?
- Prospects for carbon capture & storage and hydrogen
Jamieson - Financing IPPs in the age of transition: 4:15-5:30 pm GMT
Stakeholders are invited to share their perspectives on the realities of investing in African IPPs in the age of transition.
- What is the future for thermal generation and are renewables fit for
- purpose to take their place?
- What risk transfer options are available?
- What is the role of gas and storage in Africa’s energy transition?
For more information please click here.