Global Recognition for Excellence
Our lawyers are consistently ranked as leaders in international arbitration and litigation in Chambers, Legal 500 and other legal publications.
- Chambers Global – UK Energy Sector (International & Cross Border); USA Energy Sector (International & Cross-Border)
- Chambers UK – UK-wide Energy & Natural Resources: Disputes
- Chambers USA – Oil & Gas Litigation
- Legal 500 UK ‒ London International Arbitration
- Legal 500 US ‒ Energy Litigation: Conventional Power; Energy Litigation: Oil and Gas
“The team is results oriented, has perfect knowledge of the energy sector, and is really pleasant to work with.”
Legal 500 UK, 2022
Cases With Impact
We have deep experience in numerous industries and specialized sectors and handle a broad range of matters in energy, infrastructure, finance and technology industries.
- AHG Industry GmbH & Co. KG, the first foreign direct investor in post-Saddam Hussein Iraq, in a $1 billion ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Iraq in relation to the seizure of cement and pipe plants
- Baker Hughes in a lawsuit filed by a German company regarding equipment installed in more than 25 large natural gas storage caverns throughout Germany
- Enerflex Energia in international arbitration proceedings regarding the collection of money allegedly belonging to Valerus Field Solutions for work performed on an EPC contract in Brazil
- LIXIL Corporation in multiple confidential DIS international arbitrations seeking recovery of €270 million from a consortium of 20 insurers resulting from LIXIL’s acquisition of the Grohe group of companies – this is one of the largest known W&I insurance fights, which the Financial Times has described as “a case that is likely to be closely watched by dealmakers”
- Vopak Terminal Deer Park in claims brought by its general contractor related to the construction of a new tank farm at its petrochemical facility along the Houston Ship Channel