Recognition for Excellence
Our handling of complex and sensitive matters consistently earns us praise within the legal industry. In 2018, Law360 honored us as a White Collar Group of the Year. Our lawyers and practice have also been ranked among the nation’s best in Chambers USA, Legal 500 US and other legal directories.
- Chambers USA – New York Litigation: White-Collar Crime and Government Investigations; Texas Litigation: White Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Legal 500 US –Dispute Resolution: Corporate Investigations and White-Collar Criminal Defense; Dispute Resolution: Corporate Investigations and White-Collar Criminal Defense: Advice to Individuals
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – National Criminal Defense: White Collar (Tier 1); Houston Criminal Defense: White Collar; New York Criminal Defense: White-Collar (Tier 1); Washington, DC Criminal Defense: General Practice; Washington, DC Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Washington, DC Professional Malpractice Law: Defendants
a broad white-collar practice, which includes FCPA violations, environmental crime, broker-dealer violations, accounting and financial fraud, as well as FCA matters.
Legal 500 US, 2020
Our team provides strategic counsel to companies and individuals across the United States and throughout the world.
- Mustafa Abdel-Wadood, a former managing partner at Abraaj Capital, in connection with US fraud and conspiracy charges
- Archdiocese of New York in a year-long investigation into whether the Archdiocese was following the policies and procedures for responding to allegations of sexual abuse within the Archdiocese
- Reid Bigland, US head of sales for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, in connection with an SEC probe concerning sales reporting practices and whether the company misled investors about monthly sales figures
- New York City District Council of Carpenters in connection with its court-appointed monitorship
- Andrew W.W. Casperen in parallel DOJ and SEC civil charges of securities and wire fraud
- Charter Communication, as independent compliance officer, regarding the conditions placed on the company by the FCC in connection with the acquisition of Time Warner Cable, Inc. and Bright House Networks
- Michael Cohen privilege review, as special master appointed by the US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Former staffer for New Jersey Governor Chris Christie in the George Washington Bridge closure investigation, as well as a different former staffer and a former executive of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in a related federal criminal trial