LONDON – Bracewell (UK) LLP represented Africa Oil Corp in relation to its country entry into Equatorial Guinea through two production sharing contracts for offshore blocks EG-18 and EG-31. Africa Oil will hold 80 percent operated interests in each block with the remaining 20 percent held by GEPetrol, the national oil company of Equatorial Guinea. GEPetrol has the option of acquiring an additional 15 percent interest in each block.
Kirsty Delaney, who led the Bracewell team on the negotiations of the production sharing contracts, commented: “We were delighted to assist Africa Oil in adding these assets to their portfolio. Equatorial Guinea is a well-established hydrocarbons jurisdiction in which we have a lot of experience. We know that Africa Oil considers these blocks to be highly prospective and benefit from their proximity to existing infrastructure.”
Bracewell lawyers involved in the project include:
Partner: Darren Spalding
Senior Associate: Kirsty Delaney