Bracewell has been at the forefront of developments in the onshore and offshore wind market for more than 15 years. We have played a leading role in wind projects across the United States, Europe and the Middle East, representing global companies looking to increase their wind capacity, as well as domestic funds looking to expand in new jurisdictions.
We represent developers, sponsors, lenders and contractors on large-scale wind projects throughout the world, including the 816 MW Empire Wind offshore wind farm in New York, 84 MW Al Rajef wind project in Jordan, 300 MW Lake Turkana wind project in Kenya and the 2,000 MW Wind Catcher in Texas.
- Alcazar Energy on the 84 MW AL Rajef Wind Project in Jordan
- Eni S.p.A. in its £405 million acquisition of 20 percent interest in the Dogger Bank (A and B) 2.4 GW offshore wind farm project from Equinor and SSE
- Equinor in its 816 MW Empire Wind Offshore Wind Farm – the first large-scale offshore wind lease in New York State — Projects Deal of the Year Finalist, 2020 IFLR United States Awards
- First Reserve Corporation in a long-term hedge arrangement to enable the acquisition and financing of the 298 MW Kingfisher Wind Project located in Oklahoma — 2015 Commodities Deal of the Year, Commodity Business Awards; 2015 Financial Deal of the Year, Platts Global Energy Awards; 2016 Deal of the Year, Energy Risk Awards
- Invenergy LLC in its $4.5 billion build-transfer sale of the 2,000 MW Wind Catcher wind energy generating facility
- Invenergy LLC in the build transfer sale of a wind generating facility in Atchison, Missouri, with a total capacity of up to 300 MW, to Ameren, Missouri
- Invenergy LLC in connection with the disposition of its remaining 20 percent equity interest in each of the 156 MW Trent Mesa Wind project and the 170 MW Desert Sky Wind project to its joint venture partner, CSW Energy, Inc., a subsidiary of American Electric Power
- Marubeni Corporation in its acquisition of a 50 percent interest in the 206 MW Lakefield Wind Farm from EDF Renewables
- Marubeni Corporation in its acquisition of a 90 percent interest in the 103 MW Shiloh IV Wind Farm from EDF Renewables
- Morgan Stanley in the construction financing and back leverage financing of 106.5 MW wind generation facility in Montana
- Rockland Capital in its acquisition of four wind development projects in Texas and Montana, with approximately 700 MW of generation capacity
- Vestas Wind Systems on the 300 MW Lake Turkana wind projects — the largest single-private investment in Kenyan history and one of the largest onshore wind farms in Africa