Recognition for Excellence
Our tax lawyers are nationally recognized by independent rankings organizations, including Chambers USA and Legal 500 US.
- Chambers USA – New York: Tax; Texas: Tax
- Legal 500 US – Taxes: Non-contentious
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – National Tax Law (Tier 1), Austin Tax Law (Tier 1), Houston Tax Law (Tier 1), Seattle Tax Law (Tier 1)
Bracewell can always be counted on in complex and sophisticated matters.
Chambers USA, 2023
We provide tax advice on a range of complex transactions.
- Arroyo Energy Investment Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Mesa Solutions, a leading distributed power generation solutions company based in Loveland, Colorado
- Chevron USA Inc. in its capacity as the operator of the Bayou Bend carbon capture and sequestration project located along the Texas Gulf Coast
- Competitive Power Ventures in the acquisition of the Canton Mountain, Saddleback Ridge, Spruce Mountain and Beaver Ridge wind projects in Maine from Patriot Renewables
- Drilling Tools International in the business combination with ROC Energy Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, that resulted in DTI becoming a US publicly listed company
- Entergy Corporation in negotiating a CCUS offtake agreement for Entergy Louisiana’s Lake Charles Power Station, a 994-MW combined-cycle power plant in Westlake, Louisiana
- Invenergy LLC in the build-transfer sale of a wind energy generating facility in Atchison County, Missouri, with a total capacity of up to 300 MW, to Ameren Missouri
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. in the sale of a 25.5 percent interest in Elba Liquefaction Company, L.L.C. to an undisclosed financial buyer for approximately $565 million
- King Ranch Inc. in connection with a 106,000-acre lease in Kleberg County, Texas, to oil giant Occidental to support the world’s largest direct air capture project dedicated to carbon dioxide sequestration