Recognition for Excellence
Our client work has earned our lawyers and practice national recognition within the legal industry.
- Chambers USA – Texas: Tax
- Legal 500 US – Taxes: Non-contentious
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – National Tax Law (Tier 1); Austin Tax Law (Tier 1), Houston Tax Law (Tier 1), Seattle Tax Law (Tier 1)
We provide tax advice on signification transactions involving tax-exempt organizations.
- Amateur sports organization that conducts the biennial World Amateur Golf Championships in connection with its organization and tax-exempt status
- Congaree Foundation on the organization and qualification of new entity as a charity
- East Texas Medical Center Healthcare System on the sale of substantially all assets to Ardent Health Services, which included the formation by Arden and The UT Health Science Center of a partnership to invest more than $125 million in the new UT Health East Texas health system and discussions with the Texas Office of the Attorney General to ensure that the transaction would not be challenged by the Office of the Attorney General
- Healthcare organization in structuring joint ventures and partnerships with for-profit entities to protect continued tax-exempt status of exempt participants
- Healthcare organization on the rules and regulations enacted as part of the Affordable Care Act, including Internal Revenue Code Section 501(r)
- Hospital with respect to the status of services providers as employees versus independent contractors
- Independent school addressed governance and compliance issues, including providing board training, a review of organizational documents, and the drafting of policies related to the operation of the school and its fundraising activities
- Multi-hospital health care system in connection with an Internal Revenue Service examination of its partnerships with proprietary healthcare providers