Some of the world’s largest financial sponsors and issuers, as well as investors, lenders and placement agents, turn to us for legal guidance in various mezzanine finance scenarios. Our lawyers are skilled in handling IPOs, re-capitalizations, fund structuring, subordination and intercreditor arrangements.
We advise commercial and investment banks, hedge funds and private equity funders engaged in the business of lending to companies unable to obtain traditional financing, including companies undergoing financial restructuring or bankruptcy. We advise on matters related to mezzanine, first or second lien, and subordinated financings and the intercreditor and business issues associated with these types of transactions. Our team includes dedicated capital markets and finance lawyers who masterfully manage complex financing and securities matters throughout the United States and around the world.
- Apollo Investment Corporation in a $175 million distressed secured second lien term loan facility to Miller Energy Resources, Inc., an oil and natural gas exploration and production company, secured by all assets of borrower and its subsidiaries, including oil and gas properties in Alaska and Tennessee, as administrative agent
- Highbridge Principal Strategies, LLC in a $210 million secured note purchase facility to HMS Kingfisher HoldCo, LLC and ARM Midstream, LLC, to fund the development and construction of a crude oil pipeline and gas gathering and processing facilities, as administrative agent and lead investor
- Highbridge Principal Strategies LLC in a $100 million senior unsecured note purchase agreement to a privately held exploration and production company owning and developing oil and gas assets in the Permian basin, as administrative agent
- Ruby Pipeline, L.L.C. in a $250 million 364-day term loan credit facility in connection with the refinancing of the borrower’s outstanding 4.50 percent senior unsecured notes maturing April 1, 2017, as borrower
- WBH Energy Partners LLC in a $31.5 million revolving second-lien, reserve-based mezzanine financing from an international private equity fund that is secured by upstream oil and gas assets located in the Barnett Combo play in Texas