HOUSTON — Bracewell & Giuliani LLP is ranked number one in Texas mergers and acquisitions (M&A) for the volume of transactions it worked on during the first half of 2012, valued at $33.8 billion, according to league tables from mergermarket. Bracewell is ranked second by number of M&A transactions during the same period, with a total of 18 deals.
Key representations by the firm in the first half of the year include:
- Apache Corporation in the acquisition of Cordillera Energy Partners III, LLC
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. in the sale of El Paso Energy Corporation
- ConocoPhillips in the spin-off of Phillips 66
- Three Rivers Operating Company in the sale of its oil and natural gas operations to Concho Resources
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation in the sale of limited partner units and general partner interests in Chesapeake Midstream Partners, L.P. to Global Infrastructure Partners