HOUSTON – Bracewell LLP is pleased to announce that the firm’s financial restructuring group has been recognized by Law Business Research’s Global Restructuring Review on its inaugural GRR 100, which is a global listing of the leading law firms to handle sophisticated cross-border insolvency and restructuring matters.
Bracewell’s cross-disciplinary team of financial restructuring lawyers represents clients across the globe in distressed investments and acquisitions, as well as lending and financing activities in connection with both Chapter 11 proceedings and out-of-court transactions. The firm also has an internationally-recognized practice representing global shipping groups and their bondholder and lender constituencies. The team’s experience includes representing investors in distressed situations in Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caspian Region, Europe, the Middle East, and across North, Central and South America.
Significant ongoing representations and ones handled in the last 12 months include:
- Debtor’s counsel to Australian-based Linc Energy in Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representing investors holding hundreds of millions of bonds issued by the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and its agencies/authorities in connection with the restructuring of the debt of Puerto Rico.
- Serving as principal legal advisor to Belgian-based Sobelmar Antwerp N.V. in their restructuring process and Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representing Taiwanese shipping group TMT Procurement Corporation, which along with its affiliates filed for reorganization under Chapter 11.
- Represented the holders of private placement notes issued by Cardno Limited, an Australian services company.
Global Restructuring Review provides in-depth news and analysis on the biggest cross-border insolvency and restructuring cases. With users from across 160 countries, Global Restructuring Review provides key facts and information on the worldwide restructuring and insolvency landscape.