Wednesday, July 11, 2012
9:30 am - 10:30 am CT
Please join Bracewell & Giuliani LLP's Robert Nichols and Colleen Higgins Schultz for a complimentary webinar as they discuss OSHA inspections and their impact on your business.
Under the current administration, OSHA Compliance Officers and Area Directors have been far more forceful in their approach to inspections. For example, during inspections, agency representatives now increasingly:
• Seek an employer's self-audit results
• Actively identify opportunities to cite violations as willful or repeat
• Thoroughly scrutinize recordkeeping issues and, in particular, injury recording lapses
• Review and challenge the employer's safety award/incentive program
• Adopt a more prosecutorial approach during witness interviews
• Expand the originally stated scope of the inspection
• Focus less on compliance assistance and more on penalizing deficiencies
Robert Nichols and Colleen Higgins Schultz will examine how to effectively manage these more aggressive tactics, the agency's shift toward "regulation by shaming" and OSHA inspections generally. Understanding the agency's current approach as well as an employer's rights and the legal limitations of OSHA's inspection authority will allow you to protect your company's interests.
Questions? Please contact Alisa Tristan at email@example.com, or at 713.221.1279.