Partner Catherine McCarthy and Associate Boris Shkuta will speak on “Policy and Regulatory Issues” at the Transmission Business School in Chicago, Illinois on June 13, 2023 from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT and 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CT. Their session will review:
- How the industry got to where it is today, the unbundling of the electric power industry, its new structures, and the emergence of transmission as a critically important new business;
- The new structures created by FERC Order Nos. 888, 889, 890 and 2000;
- The key RTO issues;
- FERC directions for electricity market and RTO development;
- Market design issues;
- Order No. 888 reform; and
- Impacts of net metering activities mandated by the EPACT 2005, EISA 2007 and ARRA 2009.