Garbien to Moderate at the Projects & Money Summit
Partner Danielle Garbien moderated a panel discussion on “Looking Beyond the Conventional PPA: Emerging Offtake Strategies, Hedging and Deal Structures” at Infocast’s Projects & Money Summit in New Orleans on January 27, 2022. The panel discussed:
- What are the financing & risk implications of new deal structures and how do parties to a deal get comfortable with them?
- What risks are hedge-able in what kinds of markets, and why?
- What are the current risk appetites and risk exposure that offtakers are comfortable with?
- Why are corporate renewable energy buyers considering hedge agreements over traditional PPAs?
- How do developers deal with pressure from offtakers to deliver different PPA products that are responsive to their needs?
- How are social impact and ESG driving changes to the traditional PPA?
- What are the innovations in PPA structures or hedges for standalone storage or renewables + storage?