We select bright, hard-working students and are committed to supporting and guiding their growth and development. Our summer associate program is an integral part of the firm’s strategic plan. We believe building with a strong entry-level class creates a core foundation for the firm’s growth initiatives.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SUMMER CLERKSHIP WITH BRACEWELL. OUR SUMMER PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR YOU TO:
- Contribute in a meaningful way as an integral part of the team. From client meetings to depositions to deal closings, your first-hand contributions help us deliver exceptional results to our clients.
- Do more of what you love. Find a practice group that fits your personality and work style. Our summer associates work in different areas of law, allowing them to choose the practice to launch their legal career.
- Spend time getting acquainted with your summer class and the lawyers in the firm. We host a weekend retreat at in Austin for all summer associates firm wide to help you learn more about the One Bracewell culture and spend quality time getting to know lawyers throughout the firm. There are also social activities planned throughout the summer for you to learn more about Bracewell’s collaborative culture, collegial lawyers and the community in which you will live.
- Gain valuable guidance and insight from practicing lawyers. Bracewell’s mentoring program gives summer associates up to three mentor assignments, both associates and partners, within the sections they are working in. Your mentors will provide you with informal and formal advice and feedback.
- Learn and grow through formal and informal training. You will have the opportunity to attend the firm’s writing workshop and substantive training programs taught by our partners, associates, clients and outside consultants.
Summer Associate Salary
Bracewell offers summer associates a competitive and market-matching weekly salary of $3,653.85.
Anelyse Devries, Coordinator, Recruiting
Allison Butts Helms, Manager, Recruiting
Julia Mabin, Manager, HR and Professional Resources
Beth Landers, Director, Recruiting
Bracewell is dedicated to a culture of learning. We believe hands-on experiences provide the best training, and our department leadership works diligently to provide work assignments and opportunities to help associates develop a broad set of skills critical to their practice. Formal training is offered through practice-specific boot camps for junior associates, and professional skills-based training, which includes mid-level and senior associate training academies. The firm has a robust annual review process with substantive feedback to help every associate establish career goals to advance.
Bracewell actively recruits at dozens of law schools through on-campus interview programs and job fairs. We welcome write-in candidates who attend schools where we do not have a formal interview schedule.
2020 OCI Dates are forthcoming.
Bracewell will begin accepting 2L applications for our 2021 Summer Program on August 1, 2020.
Please check back this Fall for more information about our 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship.
“Bracewell is a great firm where you'll get big firm experience/clients while working in a mid-sized atmosphere. It's also a place where you'll be surrounded by brilliant people who love what they do and the people they work with.”
— 2019 Summer Associate
“This is a great place to work. It's a place where smart people get together every day to work on client problems, but also enjoy being around each other. The concept of One Bracewell is not just lip service, the culture is really spread throughout all the offices.”
— 2019 Summer Associate
Bracewell provides equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.